St. Lawrence University, Senior, Forward, Hamilton, Ontario
A repeat Hobey Baker top ten finalist, Carey can now include a Hobey hat trick finalist to his resume. Last year, he led the nation in goals and this year he sits second in the nation in assists (39) and first in power play points (31). Has led the Saints in scoring for four straight years and repeats as scoring champion in the ECAC. His 57 points has him sitting third in the nation. He was named co-Player of the Year in the ECAC and was a finalist for Student-Athlete of the Year.
- Finishes season with 18 goals, 39 assists for 57 points in 38 games – had a 20-game point streak – has 6 power play goals and 1 game winning goal
- History major with 3.68 GPA – All Academic four years
- Member of advisory committee on athletics – participates with Saints Kids Club and helped organize the annual Teddy Bear toss
- Signed as a free agent with Phoenix Coyotes
St. Cloud State University, Senior, Forward, Huntsville, Alabama
Renowned as a solid two-way player, Dowd was a big part of St. Cloud State clinching the first ever NCHC regular season title. Dowd, captain of the Huskies and tied for the team lead in points, was honored with three league awards: First Team all-conference, Defensive Forward of the Year and Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Had 22 goals, 18 assists for 40 points in 38 games and is tied for seventh in the nation in goals – 10 power play goals tied 5th nation
- Los Angeles draft pick (7th round) – first ever Hobey finalist from Alabama
- Bio-medicine major with 3.61 GPA – works with school’s Student Advisory Council, assists with new student move-ins, organized Locks of Love campaign last year with his teammates
Boston College, Junior, Forward, Carneys Point, New Jersey
Gaudreau is a Hobey hat trick finalist for the second straight year. He tops the nation in points and goals averaging almost two points per game with 77 points – the most of any Division I player in 11 years. The Hockey East scoring champion was named the conference Player of the Year and First Team all conference and has recorded points in all but two games this year including tieing a Hockey East record with a 31-game point streak (Paul Kariya-Maine).
- Has 35 goals, 42 assists for 77 points in 39 games – 1st in the nation in points, goals and assists
- Calgary draft pick (4th round) – Communications major
- Has 10 power play goals, tied for fifth in nation – 7 game-winning goals tied 1st nation
- Plus-minus of +41 is best in nation – won Walter Brown Award as best American born player in the Northeast
- At NCAA Northeast Regional, scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 6-2 win over Denver, and added 2 more assists on first two goals of 4-3 win over Lowell in regional final